Friday, January 2, 2009

Pepper Our Pet is now gone..



A very sad day indeed. Pepper, our beloved Dalmation, who lived to be 16 years and 8 months was put down today. She lived a very long time for her breed, the oldest Dalmation on record lived to be 17 years old. Pepper has always been a big part of our lives, she was a premarital pet. We picked out Pepper from her breeder in the summer of 1992 just a few months before Karen and I were married. She became so attached to us as we were to her up until today when we said our good byes. I feel very empty as I write this about her and us, it brings me such sorrow to know that I will not see her again. However, she brought much happiness and joy to our lives that I feel blessed to have been a part of her life too. From an early age Pepper was treated to her long walks mostly with Karen, sometimes as much as 4-5 miles a day. I think that added years to her life. She enjoyed being outdoors mostly but as long as she was close to us she was very happy. Pepper will be missed lots.

No comments: